Wednesday, November 5, 2008

HONEY I SHRUNK THE KIDS - 1989

DIRECTED BY JOE JOHNSTON



This weeks special analyst - Jeremy Spears!

2 Things to look out for:

See if you can find the one particular shot that sets up the stakes for the Zalinsky kids for the rest of the film. I'm impressed at how clear and simple it can be done in only one shot!

Secondly, look at how the filmmakers set up the world. I think it's important to notice how well the filmmakers made you believe these kids were actually shrunk, not just by the quality of effects, but for Visual queues that put the audience right in the kids shoes. Watch for a certain flying creature.

I think this whole film is great, granted it's not Oscar winner, but the film works on so many levels, my knuckles were white and that is what is important, right? I think the film is VERY SIMPLE, something many films are lacking these days.

Thanks Jeremy!

2 comments:

Jose Saenz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jose Saenz said...

That sucks...It looks like I'm late to the party and the vid has been taken off. I'll have to remember your notes next time I watch the movie.

-Jose S.